Skip to content ↓
  • slideshow image
  • slideshow image
  • slideshow image
  • slideshow image
  • slideshow image
  • slideshow image
  • slideshow image



Covid-19 related pupil absence - A quick reference guide for parents



PDF copy letter from NHS Test and Trace


PDF advice guide 

Accessing classwork if your child is self-isolating at home

All work is set via Show My Homework. It will appear on your child’s list as “Classwork”. Homework is separate and must also be completed at home. In each case, your child should simply click on the work and follow the instructions provided.

As a parent, you can have a log-in for Show My Homework where you can see work set for your child. If you need help with this, please call us at school. 01298-23167

Free School Meals

It is quick and easy to check if you are eligible for Free School Meals.

If your circumstances change, you can sign-up for free school meals at any time of the year.

For more information and the online application form go to

You can call the Derbyshire free school meals team for help and advice on 01629 536400 or 01629 536481.

Covid-19: Looking after a child or young person’s mental health

Please contact the school pastoral team if you are concerned about your child’s wellbeing. 01298 23167

There are times when we all feel the strain. As parents and carers, there are ways we can support children and young people to give them the best chance to stay mentally healthy.

Some children and young people enjoyed being off school, while others will have really struggled. Others may be coming to terms with family problems, loss or changes to their living situation. Some children and young people might face difficulties in being back at school or college, or have worries about getting or passing on the virus. It's also still uncertain what further changes we all may face.

Feelings like these will gradually ease for most, but there are always steps you can take to support them emotionally and help them cope with problems they face.

There's also further support available if you feel you or they need it.

NHS mental health support for parents and carers: NHS mental health self-care for young people:

Free, safe and anonymous online support for young people: Online emotional wellbeing and mental health support for adults:

Safeguarding and child protection

If you are concerned about the well-being of a child, please call our safe-guarding team 01298-23167.

In an emergency, call the police on 101 or 999 or call the NSPCC on 0808 800 5000

The National Police Chief’s Council and The Children’s Society have run this campaign:


St Thomas More Catholic School, Palace Fields, Buxton, SK17 6AF

Icon01298 23167